Our top priority is to create a superior product and experience for our customers and guests.
We employ sharp thinkers who love their work and will give their all to our product, team and customers.
Brewery Operations Manager
Duties: The Brewery Operations Manager will work closely with site leadership and the brewing staff to ensure process and product consistency as well as beer production goals. This position oversees the brewing and packaging operations as well as quality control. The individual will work closely with production planning and purchasing functions. As part of the leadership team, the Brewery Operations Manager will be expected to contribute to our continued growth and expansion initiatives.
- Oversee all brewery operations: brewery, cellar, packaging and quality control.
- Oversee staffing decisions, performance management, training, safety and quality of the brewery operation. Ensure team members have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs safely and effectively.
- Guarantee a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment and enforces adherence to safe work practices.
- Oversee the Company’s Quality program and practices with regards to beer production. Ensure compliance standards are consistently met or exceeded.
- Ensure production goals are met while working closely with site leadership. Collaborate on all production activities and create schedules to meet sales forecasts and demands.
- Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to safety, quality, efficiency, cost optimization and profitability.
- Develop and implement long & short term planning goals and corrective action plans. Translate the overall business strategy into operational goals and objectives for the brewery.
- Standardize procedures and protocols and ensure they are being adhered to.
- Researches and implements industry trends and compliance initiatives to evolve the brewery operations standards.
- Oversee the design, operation and improvement of systems that produce the Company’s products. Assess equipment purchases and major expenditures to maximize benefit.
- Work with Accounting to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement. Identify and rectify areas for cost reduction and program improvement.
- Be a champion for the Company in the brewing community.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive brewery experience and minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role at a brewery. Proven abilities in hiring, training and management of production and technical personnel.
- BA / BS in Chemistry and/or Biology, Business, Management, Operations Research, Engineering or Food Science is preferred. MBA is a plus. A formal brewing education is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and problem solving skills. A quality focused and detail oriented mindset is a requirement.
- Proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain a positive workplace culture. Ability to develop and manage productive relationships with staff members.
- A strong understanding of process controls. Knowledge of high efficiency and high quality business systems (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma) is a plus.\
- An understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Control procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards: including but not limited to OSHA and safety standards, Government regulatory programs, like HACCP, GMP, and production management systems.
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). Certification and/or experience as a Beer Judge or Cicerone is a plus.
- Frequently walk and occasionally bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds. This position requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, including off shifts.
- Assist in production and pilot brewing process.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitization of all brewing equipment.
- Assist in filling and transporting finished product.
- Responsible for receiving materials and shipping finished products.
- Will be responsible for safely operating a forklift.
- Participate in demand and planned maintenance activities.
Minimum 2 years of brewery or other applicable industrial experience is required. Formal education or degree in brewery operations is a plus. Homebrewing experience is a plus. Ability to work flexible hours is required, including off shifts. Must be detail oriented and quality focused. Must be willing to work in a fast-paced, team oriented, and fun environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
We are now hiring in our Tap Room for all FOH & BOH positions including hosts, servers, bartenders, barbacks, line cooks, and dishwashers.
Send resume with salary history with application via e-mail below or stop by the tap room during 2pm-4pm Monday-Friday to fill out an application.