Our top priority is to create a superior product and experience for our customers and guests.
We employ sharp thinkers who love their work and will give their all to our product, team and customers.
Brewery Operations Manager
Duties: The Brewery Operations Manager will work closely with site leadership and the brewing staff to ensure process and product consistency as well as beer production goals. This position oversees the brewing and packaging operations as well as quality control. The individual will work closely with production planning and purchasing functions. As part of the leadership team, the Brewery Operations Manager will be expected to contribute to our continued growth and expansion initiatives.
- Oversee all brewery operations: brewery, cellar, packaging and quality control.
- Oversee staffing decisions, performance management, training, safety and quality of the brewery operation. Ensure team members have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs safely and effectively.
- Guarantee a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment and enforces adherence to safe work practices.
- Oversee the Company’s Quality program and practices with regards to beer production. Ensure compliance standards are consistently met or exceeded.
- Ensure production goals are met while working closely with site leadership. Collaborate on all production activities and create schedules to meet sales forecasts and demands.
- Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to safety, quality, efficiency, cost optimization and profitability.
- Develop and implement long & short term planning goals and corrective action plans. Translate the overall business strategy into operational goals and objectives for the brewery.
- Standardize procedures and protocols and ensure they are being adhered to.
- Researches and implements industry trends and compliance initiatives to evolve the brewery operations standards.
- Oversee the design, operation and improvement of systems that produce the Company’s products. Assess equipment purchases and major expenditures to maximize benefit.
- Work with Accounting to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement. Identify and rectify areas for cost reduction and program improvement.
- Be a champion for the Company in the brewing community.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive brewery experience and minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role at a brewery. Proven abilities in hiring, training and management of production and technical personnel.
- BA / BS in Chemistry and/or Biology, Business, Management, Operations Research, Engineering or Food Science is preferred. MBA is a plus. A formal brewing education is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and problem solving skills. A quality focused and detail oriented mindset is a requirement.
- Proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain a positive workplace culture. Ability to develop and manage productive relationships with staff members.
- A strong understanding of process controls. Knowledge of high efficiency and high quality business systems (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma) is a plus.\
- An understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Control procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards: including but not limited to OSHA and safety standards, Government regulatory programs, like HACCP, GMP, and production management systems.
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). Certification and/or experience as a Beer Judge or Cicerone is a plus.
- Frequently walk and occasionally bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds. This position requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, including off shifts.
Duties: The primary responsibilities of this position will be to maintain production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product, and warehouse organization.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Receives supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity; placing materials in stock.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, loading, and securing product. Documents product shipment by recording units shipped.
- Performs physical inventory and cycle counts of materials as necessary.
- Maintains material-handling equipment (forklift) by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs and performing maintenance as necessary.
- Assists within brewing and packaging operations as needed.
- Perform daily clean-up and organization of the warehouse area.
- Adheres to all regulations, including the proper usage of PPE as well as Standard Operating Procedures.
Qualifications: Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience, including forklift certification. Demonstrated working knowledge of organizational systems. Works well both independently and cooperatively with others. Must be detail oriented and quality focused. Must be willing to work in a fast-paced, team oriented, and fun environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Duties: Responsible for food production in a fast paced environment.
Qualifications: Must be responsible and able to work in a team oriented and fun environment. Must be able to work well under pressure, with attention to detail and quality, and as a part of our entire back of house team. 2-4 years previous high volume cooking experience required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Front of House Positions
We are currently accepting applications for all Front of House Positions within Big Ditch Brewing Company tap room including: Hosts, Bartenders, Bussers/Barbacks, & Servers.
Send resume with salary history with application via e-mail below or stop by the tap room during operating hours to fill out an application.