Our top priority is to create a superior product and experience for our customers and guests.
We employ sharp thinkers who love their work and will give their all to our product, team and customers.
In this job, you will work with the Tap Room General Manager and management staff overseeing the overall operations of the Tap Room. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: building sales, all aspects of profit & loss, safety and sanitation, execution of quality food preparations, and proper craft beer service. Managers are expected to oversee the Tap Room to ensure service standards are met on a daily basis.
Service Manager requirements/expectations:
• Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage, and labor standards
• Hiring, training, supervising, and developing new team members
• Increasing guest sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution
• Provide leadership and direction to all team members to ensure efficient Tap Room operation
• Prepare and oversee scheduling for all Front of House departments
• Manage day to day operations during scheduled shifts, including daily decision making, team member support, proper guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness
• Exercise good judgement and decision making in escalating concerns and aggressively resolve issues.
• Encourage a fun, safe and productive work environment for all staff
• Manage all operations with passion, integrity, and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of Big Ditch Brewing Company
• Minimum 3 years high volume restaurant management experience
• Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities
• Must possess a true passion for great service, beer and food
• Able to work in a fast pace environment
• Must possess strong communication skills
• Must be dependable, reliable and motivated to provide an excellent guest experience everyday
• Able to lift up to 50lbs
• Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
This position will offer a competitive base salary, benefits, and paid time off.
The dishwasher and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc. and using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Dishwasher candidate requirements/expectations:
Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and cooking utensils and place them in racks to be sent through dish machine
Sort and stack clean dishes and carry clean dishes to cooking line and other proper storage areas
Replace dishwater in dish machine hourly
Wash pots, pans and trays by hand
Place trash and garbage in outdoor dumpster
Set up and break down dishwashing area
Clean, roll and unroll mats
Fill and empty soak tubs with cleaning and sanitizing solutions
Sweep and mop floors, clean counters and deep-clean kitchen every evening
Assemble and disassemble dish machine
Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and dumpster
Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as needed
Keep kitchen floors dry by cleaning any spills
Monitor safety standard measures for dish machine
Other duties as directed
Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, health and safety standards
Collaborative attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service
Strong time management skills and ability to multitask
Ability to read and comprehend labels on chemicals and cleaners
Experience working in a commercial kitchen utilizing all kitchen cleaning and sanitation equipment
This job is performed in a restaurant kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks, dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals. Days and hours of work vary based on business need. Afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are required.
The physical demands described as part of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position will offer competitive base salary, benefits, and paid time off.
Big Ditch Brewing Company is seeking an energetic and motivated Cellar Operator to join our brewery operations staff. This is an off-shift position.
Cellar Operator candidate requirements/expectations:
· Assist in cleaning and sanitization of all brewing equipment and the brewery environment.
· Complete beer transfers from fermentation to packaging.
· Monitor fermentation processes and complete tasks required for cellaring beer.
· Prepare beer for packaging; prepare packaging equipment for operation.
· Prepare brewery materials for brewing processes.
· Assist in production and pilot brewing process.
· Assist in filling and transporting finished product.
· Will be responsible for safely operating a forklift.
· Participate in demand and planned maintenance activities.
Minimum 1 year of brewery or other applicable industrial experience is required. Formal education or degree in brewery operations is a plus. Ability to work flexible hours is required, including second and/or third shifts. Must be detail oriented and quality focused. Must be willing to work in a fast-paced, team oriented, and fun environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Food and Beverage Director
The Food & Beverage Director will oversee all restaurant operations for Big Ditch Brewing Company under the direction of the President. The ideal candidate will successfully forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, staff and financial aspects of the Tap Room operation. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
• Managing food and beverage operations within budget and to the highest standards
• Leading F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
F & B Director requirements/expectations:
• Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
• Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
• Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
• Identify customer needs and respond proactively to their concerns
• Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
• Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
• Establish and manage systems for maximizing profitability, guest, and employee satisfaction
• Provide two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
• Comply with all health and safety regulations
• Report to management regarding sales results and productivity.
• Minimum 10+ years in a high-volume restaurant operation with experience in management of both front and back of house, including supervision of lower-level managers
• Culinary school diploma or degree in food service or hospitality management or related field required
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
• Must possess excellent communication abilities and proven leadership skills
• Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse staff
• Demonstrated ability to achieve financial targets
• Must be guest-oriented, service-minded, and quality-focused
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
This position will offer a competitive base salary, benefits, and paid time off.
Please send resume via email in confidence to Deborah.Carella@bigditchbrewing.com.
Want to join an exciting team in the heart of Downtown Buffalo?
Big Ditch Brewing Company is currently looking for an experienced Line Cook for our Tap Room kitchen.
Line cook candidate requirements/expectations:
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of line cook experience in a high-volume, culinary driven environment along with the following:
Basic knife skills;
Experience operating standard commercial kitchen equipment;
Understanding of basic food safety;
Excellent communication skills;
Must work clean and maintain excellent personal hygiene;
Work well under pressure and be organized and self motivated.
Able to follow directions, checklists, and adhere to standard operating procedures. Must have a love of food and a desire to work hard, continue learning, and strive for excellence.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule of nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
Able to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time
Demonstration of competency as outlined during training