Our top priority is to create a superior product and experience for our customers and guests.
We employ sharp thinkers who love their work and will give their all to our product, team and customers.
Assistant Kitchen Manager
We are looking to add a driven and creative Assistant Kitchen Manager to our kitchen staff. In this role, you will work directly under our Kitchen Manager and will have a large amount of responsibility in our kitchen, including managing kitchen staff and ensuring prepared food meets quality standards.
• Manage kitchen staff as needed, including providing necessary direction and training.
• Assist with the preparation and design of food and drink menus.
• Make sure that all plates that leave the kitchen meet taste and design standards.
• Ensure that the kitchen operates efficiently, effectively, and professionally, in accordance with our high quality standards.
• Schedule employees to ensure that the kitchen is adequately staffed at all necessary times.
• Take control to quickly resolve any issues or problems that arise in the kitchen.
• Maintain kitchen inventory and order supplies.
• Confirm compliance with all sanitation and health and safety standards.
• Fill in for the Kitchen Manager when necessary.
• Minimum of high school diploma. Candidates with culinary degrees will be given preference.
• 2+ years of management experience.
• Solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients, kitchen equipment, and related processes. Knowledge of existing health and safety standards.
• Ability to effectively manage, direct, and lead a large team. Proven track record of effectively leading and managing others.
• Strong communication abilities, with employees, vendors, and customers.
• Problem solving capabilities and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment.
• Collaborative attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
• Time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Familiarity with best practices in the industry.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for food production with adherence to Big Ditch Brewing Company’s specifications.
Qualifications: Must be responsible and able to work in a fast paced, team oriented, and fun environment. Must be able to work well under pressure and as part of our entire back of house team. 2-4 years previous line cooking in a high volume environment required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
We are now hiring in our Tap Room for all FOH & BOH positions including hosts, servers, bartenders, barbacks, line cooks, and dishwashers.
Send resume with salary history with application via e-mail below or stop by the tap room during 2pm-4pm Monday-Friday to fill out an application.