So – your team made the Big Dance. Your headed into downtown Buffalo to watch your team play at the Key Center – sometime on Thursday, and then, with a little bit of luck, on Saturday too. Maybe this is the first time you’ve been to Buffalo, or maybe it’s been a long time since you were last here. Besides basketball, your other love is craft beer. What are you going to do with yourself over these next few days?
Well, chances are, you’ve never been to our brewery and tap room/restaurant before. Here are 10 reasons you need to come hang with us over the next few days.
1) Craft beer made in Buffalo. If you like visiting breweries and tasting beers, you need to come see us. We currently have 13 beers on tap, all made right here in downtown Buffalo. We have a wide variety of beers to choose from, from golden ales, IPAs, spiced dark ales, German-style beers, and English-style beers. We even have a pale ale made from all New York State ingredients. When else will you get to try a beer like that?
2) Getting here from the arena is easy. No driving or parking required. Walk out of Key Center, and right in front of you is a train. This is the Metro Rail. Get on. 6-7 minutes later, you’re at Main Street and Huron Street, at the Fountain Plaza stop. Walk two blocks over to see us at Ellicott Street and Huron Street. Drink, eat, smile. Reverse to head back. Could not be easier.
3) Breubens. Yes, our brewery serves food. And our Breuben, which is our take on a reuben, is our most popular sandwich. The corned beef is brined in Excavator, our rye brown ale, for 24 hours, then slow cooked and piled high. You won't leave hungry if you've ordered this.
4) Killer IPAs. Everyone knows that the IPA is the most popular craft beer style in the country, and we make some pretty good ones. Our Hayburner American IPA is one of the best selling craft beers in the entire area. It’s got a lot of citrusy hop flavor without being too bitter or filling, and at 7.2% ABV, is deceptively drinkable. Our 8.2% ABV Deep Cut Double IPA, which is well regarded as one of the best beers brewed locally, is Hayburner’s big brother, with some tropical and wild berry hop flavor to make things even more interesting. If you like IPAs, you need to try these two beers while you’re in town.
5) Plenty of TVs. If your team makes it through on Thursday, and you're itching to keep up on the action, we have six large screen TVs between our main tap room, our Brewer's Lounge, and our Beer Hall, to keep you up to date on your brackets. Watch your 12 – 5 upset prediction come true with a good beer in hand!
6) Hand cut fries. Nuff said.
7) Cans! Take some beer back with you. We always have our signature beers Hayburner American IPA, Low Bridge Golden Ale and Excavator Rye Brown Ale in cans. And, you’re in luck, as we currently have Deep Cut Double IPA in cans as well for a limited time. Get some while you can!
8) Friendly, quick service. We’ll get you seated quickly, explain the beers to you clearly, and we’ll get your order in and out promptly. All with a smile. We’ll make you feel the Buffalove.
9) Yes – we have chicken wings. And they’re really good. For best results – try pairing the Garlic Parmesan wings with a Low Bridge – you’ll be surprised how well the lemony characteristics of the beer play off of the garlic in the wings.
10) We were voted the best craft brewery in New York State at the 2016 TAP NY festival. If you like trying locally produced craft beer, you won’t leave disappointed.
Good luck, and enjoy your stay in Buffalo! Cheers!